The Good Shepherd
Pastor Alisha Riegel
August 11th, 2019
Psalm 23 (NIV)
1 The Lord is my shepherd, I lack nothing.
2 He makes me lie down in green pastures,
he leads me beside quiet waters,
3 he refreshes my soul.
He guides me along the right paths
for his name’s sake.
Sheep will only lay down if:
1. They have nothing to be _____________ of
2. They are free from ______________ friction
3. They are free from the _______________ of flies/parasites
4. Their bellies are __________
1. Sheep will not lay down when they are _____________
Isaiah 54:17 (NIV)
“no weapon forged against you will prevail…”
We may be in the valley facing difficult times, but it is the ______________ of death
Isaiah 40:31 (NLT)
“But those who ________________________________ will find new strength.”
2. Sheep will only lay down when they are free from ___________________________
When the Shepherd shows up, all eyes are on __________
3. Sheep won’t lay down when they’re being ______________
Psalm 77:19 NLT
“Your road led through the sea, your pathway through the mighty waters – a pathway no one knew was there!”
He is the one who ______________________________ and creates paths that we didn’t know were there.
4. Sheep won’t lay down unless their _________________________
God created us to be refreshed and filled up, but not with ______________________________________________________.
He designed us to be filled up by ____________.
______ refreshes my soul.
Matthew 11:28 (NLT)
28 Then Jesus said, “Come to ______, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and _________ will give you rest.
Jeremiah 17:8 (NLT)
8 They are like trees planted along a riverbank, with _______________________________.
Such trees are not bothered by the heat or worried by long months of drought. Their leaves stay green, and they never stop producing fruit.