Is there hope in crisis? - Outline
April 12, 2020
We don’t like crisis.
- _______________________________and confused.
- What is ____________________________ now?
- _________________________ and frustration.
- _________________________ and weary.
But there is hope in crisis.
Our hope is grounded in the _______________________________.
Good things can come out of crisis.
- Crisis can lead to _______________________________.
All praise to God, the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ. It is by his great mercy that we have been born again, because God raised Jesus Christ from the dead. (1 Peter 1:3a, NLT)
By God’s great ___________________________.
We are ___________________________ again.
Because God _________________________ Jesus from the dead.
- Crisis can help us ___________________ on what is most ___________________________.
Now we live with great expectation, and we have a priceless inheritance—an inheritance that is kept in heaven for you, pure and undefiled, beyond the reach of change and decay. (1 Peter 1:3b-4, NLT)
We live with ____________________________.
We have a ________________________ inheritance.
- Crisis can strengthen our _________________________.
And through your faith, God is protecting you by his power until you receive this salvation, which is ready to be revealed on the last day for all to see. (1 Peter 1:5, NLT)
Kept by _________________________.
______________________________ by God’s power.
How can we respond to this crisis?
- Lean into __________________________________ of faith.
- Get your family ___________________________ about their frustrations and fears.
- Give yourself _______________________________ to rest.
- Replace “dazed and confused” with “_____________________________________.”
So be truly glad. There is wonderful joy ahead, even though you must endure many trials for a little while. (1 Peter 1:6, NLT)
These trials will show that your faith is genuine. It is being tested as fire tests and purifies gold—though your faith is far more precious than mere gold.
So when your faith remains strong through many trials, it will bring you much praise and glory and honor on the day when Jesus Christ is revealed to the whole world. (1 Peter 1:7, NLT)
Ready and hopeful.
We will endure ________________ and we have the hope of ____________________________.